Wordpress for Website Development: Pros or Cons
Nowadays, a business without a website is a business that doesn’t realize its fullest potential. Website development is an integral part of any company’s success route regardless of the niche. Most business owners hire a website development company to do the job for them, while others try to work it out on their own. When sifting through many different platforms created to help you build your own website, Wordpress is bound to come up. What are the pros and cons of using this service for your business?
1. It’s Free: If you hire professionals to create your website, they will be doing it from scratch, which might cost you a significant amount of money. Meanwhile, Wordpress is absolutely free. The software is available for downloading at the official website.
2. It’s Versatile: Wordpress can be used to create all types of websites, including e-stores, blogs, video sites, classified ad listings, Q&A forums and more. Even though there is a limited number of templates, you are bound to find a suitable one for yourself.
3. SEO-Friendly: Wordpress is designed to help you build SEO-friendly websites. It’s equipped with various plug-ins that can help you create the right content. The more parameters you fill, the more chances you have to get high up on the Google rankings.
4. It’s Fast: Wordpress is optimized to give your website a good loading speed, which is compulsory for keeping your company in business.
5. It’s Easy to Use: This CMS is appealing to beginners since it is easy to use. You don’t have to be a website development company with experience to create a simple website. The user-friendly dashboard and control panel allow you to manage the website easily.
1. Mediocre support: You can find answers to most of your questions about Wordpress in blogs or forums. However, when you stumble upon something less common, you might have trouble getting your problem solved. It can take more than one day for the support staff to answer you.
2. Security trouble: While Wordpress developers claims that the platform is secure, the security of your website can be compromised. The Wordpress websites are poorly protected from brutal force attacks. At the same time, the various third-party plug-ins may pose a threat.
3. Uniqueness: No matter how many themes the CMS has to offer, it’s hard to make your website truly original. If you want a good quality, unique, and fully functional website, you might want to consider hiring an expert to build it from scratch.